Fatal Pedestrian Accidents
In Florida in 2009, almost 500 pedestrians died after being hit by a car. Thirty people lost their lives in Pinellas County accidents alone. The grim reality is that Clearwater and the Tampa Bay area has earned its reputation as the second most dangerous metropolitan area for pedestrians in the United States.
As a Clearwater Pedestrian Accident Lawyer, our firm has seen fatal pedestrian accidents end in tragedy when someone on foot is hit by a careless driver in a crosswalk or rundown by a car while trying to cross Missouri Avenue or Gulf Blvd., or even while simply walking on a sidewalk or going to their car in a parking lot back over accident.
One of the most common causes of deadly pedestrian car collisions is driver distraction or inattention. Combine driver inattention with speeding and the consequences are catastrophic. Unfortunately, pedestrians may be partly at fault in some fatal crashes due to drinking, crossing mid-block at night, wearing dark clothing or some other unsafe behavior.
So, where do you turn when you receive a phone call from authorities or police show up at your door with the tragic news a family member has died in a pedestrian accident? Understandably, you are overwhelmed!
After the initial shock, you are left with a lot of unanswered questions:
- You were told your loved one was partly at fault in the accident, is it still possible to be compensated for their death? If so, who in the family will be entitled to receive financial compensation?
- You have funeral expenses and in some instances medical bills. Is there insurance to help you pay these now?
- You were told the driver of the car who hit your loved one, had no insurance, where do you turn to recover damages?
- Are all lawyers alike? How Do You Find the Right Lawyer for Your Florida Injury Case? Do you need a knowledgeable attorney who has handled fatal pedestrian accidents?
- Are there things you should do right away to hold the wrongdoer accountable?
I have been through this kind of tragedy with too many families and I am committed to holding wrongdoers responsible. I have over 25 years experience handling personal injury cases like fatal pedestrian accidents but what’s just as important is what our clients have said about us. Click here to read some of our Client Testimonials.
I want to make this easier for you. If you are looking for answers to these questions and others I have laid it all out for you. After many years of helping families recover after the death of someone close to them, I have condensed answers to some of the most frequently expressed concerns into a free report.
You can download the Florida Pedestrian Accident Guide immediately. If you want to contact Jim Dodson directly, call our office on the toll free number, 888-340-0840 and talk to Judi to schedule a phone conversation or a time to meet for a complimentary review of your case with Jim, in person. There is no obligation to hire an attorney.
If you prefer, you may submit your question by clicking the “Click Here for Help” button at the top of this page or by email to email@example.com.
We are here to put our experience to work for you during this time of need.
Contact Jim Now
For A Free Case
We’re easy to find.