Recovering from a Pedestrian Accident
A pedestrian accident can leave a victim with serious injuries. When a pedestrian is hit by a motor vehicle, they can suffer from fractured bones, internal bleeding, spinal cord injuries and even traumatic brain injuries. This can quickly amount to tremendous medical bills and lost time at work. And of course, there is the reality of a lengthy road to recovery ahead.
Costs of Recovery from Your Pedestrian Accident
Some of the costs that may be associated with recovery from a pedestrian accident in Clearwater include:
- ambulance fees;
- emergency room fees, diagnostic tests and treatment costs;
- emergency spinal-fusion surgery;
- hospital admission;
- follow-up medical care and consultations;
- in-home nursing care; and
- physical therapy.
Fortunately, these medical expenses may be compensated in a personal injury claim. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident and that accident was the result of someone else’s negligence, you may find the help of a Clearwater personal injury lawyer is invaluable in getting you through this difficult time.
Recovery from Emotional Injuries after a Pedestrian Accident in Clearwater
While life-altering physical injuries are likely after a pedestrian accident just from the sheer force and weight of a vehicle, so are emotional injuries.
Some common emotional problems may include:
- coping with the loss of a loved one;
- experiencing a fear of vehicles; and
- grappling with disfiguring injuries (severe road rash, amputation, burns and facial lacerations).
While you must tend to your physical recovery, your emotional well-being is just as important and your Clearwater personal injury lawyer is aware of this.
This means that an important part of your recovery after a pedestrian accident in Clearwater will likely include:
- support groups; and
- anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication.
You shouldn’t be afraid to seek compensation through a personal injury claim when you’ve been forced to deal with such trauma because of a motorist’s carelessness behind the wheel. Don’t let the thought of insurance adjusters and legal battles intimidate you. The recovery period after a pedestrian accident will likely be long, especially when you’ve sustained serious injuries. The last thing you need when you’re trying to focus on your health is concerns about how you will pay for your medical bills. While you may have health insurance, your policy can only cover so much, and the stress associated with your finances could hinder your recovery.
Getting the Compensation You Need to Aid in Your Recovery
Compensation may even account for:
- any physical or emotional pain that you have suffered; and
- any past, present, or future wages that you may have lost.
While you may know what you need to address your financial concerns, you may not know just who may be held liable for your injuries after a pedestrian accident in Clearwater. This is where a Clearwater personal injury lawyer comes in. While you concentrate on your health, a Clearwater personal injury lawyer knows what information to look for when investigating your accident. This may help your attorney to narrow in on just who is liable.
Liable parties that you may claim compensation from include:
- the driver of the vehicle that hit you;
- the employer of the driver, if it was a commercial vehicle; or
- in some cases, the manufacturer of the vehicle, if a vehicle defect is found to be the cause of the pedestrian accident in Clearwater.
Contact Jim Now
For A Free Case
We’re easy to find.